It is common to hear about children who undergo dental sealants for the protection of their teeth, but adults can also benefit from the procedure. It is considered to be a vital treatment in fighting against decay and cavities due to its effectiveness. Although proper dental hygiene practiced at home can offer cleaner, healthier looking teeth, partnering it with dental sealants can guarantee a lifetime worth of beautiful smiles.
Dental sealants are plastic coatings typically placed on the chewing surfaces of the back teeth called molars and premolars. Compared to the other teeth, these are more challenging to clean due to its location and form. These teeth are naturally comprised of grooves and pits which are deep enough to be reached by toothbrush bristles making it a haven for harmful substances.
While fluoride from foods, beverages, oral products, or professional application coats each tooth, dental sealants serves as additional protection for the teeth that are in charge of breaking down foods. Saving these can guarantee proper chewing, digestion, and nutrition for overall health. Here are its other benefits:
Benefits of Dental Sealants
- The procedure is simple, non-invasive, and affordable making it an ideal solution for patients who wish to protect their teeth from damage. We at Wilton Manors Dental believe that preventive measures like dental sealants can ensure that complications are averted to safeguard our patient’s overall oral health.
- Molars and premolars which are essential in the digestion process of a person can be preserved to ensure that the body will receive enough nutrients for growth, energy, and cell repair.
- Flattened chewing surfaces allow patients to have full access to the mouth for cleaning. It ensures that harmful substances can be removed in all areas to prevent the development of any dental complications.
- Anyone at any age can avail of the service to keep the teeth protected and free from cavities.
- With proper care, dental sealants can withstand normal chewing and could last for several years before the need for reapplication.
- Materials used are clear or tooth-colored to make sure that the appearance of the teeth will not be affected.
Get added protection to your teeth with Sealants in Wilton Manors, FL. Book your appointment with Wilton Manors Dental! Our dental office is located at 2517 NE 9th Ave, Wilton Manors, FL 33305.